The new edition of the IPython Minibook has just been released!
What's new in this edition:
- It makes a greater emphasis on data analysis with pandas and NumPy.
- There are clear step-by-step instructions for beginners with no programming experience.
- The code now uses Python 3, IPython 4.0, and the Jupyter Notebook.
- There is a new introduction to the Python language for beginners.
- Most of the contents have been rewritten, and almost all code examples are new.
- There are examples of advanced Notebook features like interactive widgets and web-based visualization tools like D3.js.
- As in the previous edition, there are contents for more advanced readers, like Numba, Cython, and parallel computing with IPython.
You will find more details on the Minibook page.